Eprice2

Eprice2

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs 25th Anniversary Edition - Jon Scieszka, Lane Smith

I could use The True Story of the Three Little Pigs in a few different ways, all of which I would do in my class for second to sixth graders. The first way is in a fairytale study on different versions of the same story. In this study, I would have my students read different versions of The Three Little Pigs and then have them compare and contrast each version. However, for fourth grade through sixth, I would use this book to mimic the judicial system. In other words, I would have the students work in groups to present a case either for or against the wolf. In their case, they would have to come up with three details from the text to act as evidence. To make it a bit more fun, the students would have to come up with what they thought would be a suitable punishment for the wolf if they believe he is indeed guilty. Once a group presents their case for or against the wolf, I would have the rest of the class act as a jury and give a thumbs up if they agree with the group or thumbs down if they do not.